Submit Your Online Inquiry
The vision of the International School of Belgrade is to develop responsible and productive citizens by offering a comprehensive and cohesive program based on high academic standards, a safe and positive learning environment, and a curriculum that is holistic, student-centered, and inquiry and performance based.
At ISB, we believe curricula should:
- Promote intercultural awareness
- Include varied approaches for teaching and learning
- Foster the development of critical and compassionate thinking
- Guide students in making connections and actively constructing meaning in their learning
- Be relevant to their lives in a rapidly changing world
- Be differentiated to meet the individual learning needs of our diverse student population
- Be evaluated and revised as necessary on a regular cycle
Toward this end, we are proud to offer the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP) as the framework for our curriculum. As part of the taught curriculum within the PYP, the Lower School uses a wide variety of curricular resources to develop the necessary skills and knowledge within specific content areas.
More detailed information about specific curriculum standards in the content areas can be found in our scope and sequence documents.