IB Diploma Programme
IB Learner Profile
| IB Diploma Programme (DP) | IB Learner Profile | DP Course Offerings | Group 1 - Languages | Group 2 - Modern Languages | Group 3 - Individuals and Societies | Group 4 - Sciences | Group 5 - Mathematics | Group 6 - Arts | IB Online Courses | Approaches to Teaching and Learning | Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) | Theory of Knowledge (TOK) | DP Extended Essay |
Submit Your Online Inquiry
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
As IB Learners we strive to be:
- INQUIRERS: We nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. We know how to learn independently and with others. We learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE: We develop and use conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines. We engage with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
- THINKERS: We use critical and creative thinking skills to analyse and take responsible action on complex problems. We exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.
- COMMUNICATORS: We express ourselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. We collaborate efectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
- PRINCIPLED: We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
- OPEN-MINDED: We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
- CARING: We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive diference in the lives of others and in the world around us.
- RISK-TAKERS: We approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; we work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. We are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
- BALANCED: We understand the importance of balancing diferent aspects of our lives-intellectual, physical, and emotional to-achieve well-being for ourselves and others. We recognize our interdependence with other people and with the world in which we live.
- REFLECTIVE: We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development.
The IB learner profile represents 10 attributes valued by IB World Schools. We believe these attributes, and others like them, can help individuals and groups become responsible members of local, national and global communities.