IB Middle Years Programme
MYP Individuals and Societies
| IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) | IB Learner Profile | MYP Science | MYP Mathematics | MYP Physical and Health Education | MYP Design | MYP Individuals and Societies | MYP English as an additional language (EAL) | MYP Serbian Language and literature | MYP Arts | MYP Language Acquisition | FLEX Program (Flexible Learning Experience) | Approaches to Teaching and Learning |
Submit Your Online Inquiry
MYP individuals and societies incorporates disciplines traditionally studied under the general term “the humanities” (such as history and philosophy), as well as disciplines in the social sciences (such as economics, business management, geography, sociology and political science).
MYP individuals and societies encourages learners to respect and understand the world around them and equips them with the necessary skills to inquire into historical, contemporary, geographical, political, social, economic, religious, technological and cultural factors that have an impact on individuals, societies and environments. It encourages learners, both students and teachers, to consider local and global contexts.
MYP Individuals and societies guide (p. 4)
Aims: As stated in the Individuals and Societies guide, the aims of MYP I&S are to encourage and enable students to:
- Appreciate human and environmental commonalities and diversity
- Understand the interactions and interdependence of individuals, societies, and the environment
- Understand how both environmental and human systems operate and evolve
- Identify and develop concern for the well-being of human communities and the natural environment
- Act as responsible citizens of local and global communities
- Develop inquiry skills that lead towards conceptual understandings of the relationships between individuals, societies, and the environments in which they live