IB Middle Years Programme
| IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) | IB Learner Profile | MYP Science | MYP Mathematics | MYP Physical and Health Education | MYP Design | MYP English Language and Literature | MYP Individuals and Societies | MYP English as an additional language (EAL) | MYP Serbian Language and literature | MYP Arts | MYP Language Acquisition | Elective & Enrichment | Approaches to Teaching and Learning |
With inquiry at the core, the MYP sciences framework aims to guide students to independently and collaboratively investigate issues through research, observation and experimentation. The MYP sciences curriculum must explore the connections between science and everyday life. As they investigate real examples of science applications, students will discover the tensions and dependencies between science and morality, ethics, culture, economics, politics, and the environment.
MYP Sciences Guide (p. 4)
Aims: As stated in the MYP Sciences guide, the aims of MYP science are to encourage and enable students to:
- Develop inquiring minds and curiosity about science and the natural world
- Acquire knowledge, conceptual understanding and skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific and other contexts
- Develop skills of scientific inquiry to design and carry out scientific investigations and evaluate scientific evidence to draw conclusions
- Communicate scientific ideas, arguments and practical experiences accurately in a variety of ways
- Think analytically, critically and creatively to solve problems, judge arguments and make decisions in scientific and other contexts
- Appreciate the benefits and limitations of science and its application in technological developments
- Understand the international nature of science and the interdependence of science, technology and society, including the benefits, limitations and implications imposed by social, economic, political, environmental, cultural and ethical factors
- Demonstrate attitudes and develop values of honesty for themselves, others, and their shared environment
Click on the links for general course outline information. Specific details regarding curriculum and assessment can be accessed by ISB Community Parent/Student Portal.