Trsic and Suncana reka (September 2017)
- Morning departure by high tourist class bus from ISB. Drive via Sabac and further to Trsic and welcome by hosts of the Konak Misic complex with homemade juice, accommodation.
- Visit to the Vuk Karadzic Birth house and undertake first set of activities.
- In the yard of the Konak Misic complex, students will have an introduction lecture on the medicinal herbs features, collecting and drying processes and their usage in food. Hike to the forest where the group shall seek out edible mushrooms. Embroidery and culinary courses will take place under supervision and assistance of experienced host and local artisans /making and baking corn bread and nettle pie. Students will then collect trees for fire and making fire in open without matches, traditional games including throwing stones from shoulders and “klis”.
- Dinner (includes homemade pie, cheese, cream, chutney, salads, raspberry cakes, etc.).
- Games around the campfire, storytelling, watching of a film in the outdoors.
- Hike to the Tronosa Monastery /5 km one way/, and visit to the Milica Mountain House, which includes working with farm animals, such as milking cows, sheep, and goats, as well as general bran work activities.
- Lunch at Milica House.
- Return hike back to Misic Konak picking up mushrooms and other edible foods.
- Leisure time.
- Zip line, construction of tents, preparation of fire in the middle of the camp
- Outdoor common games, storytelling.
- Departure to Suncana Reka Sport Center in Gornja Koviljaca, on Drina River. Walk along the complex on 5 ha with variety of sport/amusement facilities. Outdoor activities, including orienteering and survival march through thick forest, treasure hunt, mountain-bike riding, bow and arrow shooting, climbing the artificial rock (under supervision of professional instructors), polygon, beach volley, and a boat ride, amongst others.
- Departure to Belgrade.
- Arrival at ISB.