Djerdap (September 2017)
- Morning departure from ISB.
- Arrive at the Kapetan Misin Breg –rural tourist household and welcome with natural juice, followed with homemade lunch. Introduction into the rural complex and orienteering hike to the Kovilovo observation point, from where spreads the magic panorama of the Danube. Return hike back to the rural household, introduction to organic food production and culinary workshop, conducted by experienced host. Picking up nettles and locally grown vegetables and fruits and preparation of homemade corn bread with nettles and fruit pie.
- Transfer to accommodation in Donji Milanovac.
- Full-day excursion to the Blederlija Waterfall and the Danube campsite. Transfer to the Mirocka voda camp on the Danube, along the mountains of Miroc and Deli Jovan. Welcome drink at the camp and introduction into full-day outdoor activities. Hike for about 8 km along the previous Roman road through the oak and beech forests of the Djerdap National Park. Picking up medicinal herbs, forest wild fruits and flowers. Tour of the wonderful Blederija Waterfalls, rich in numerous springs of icy waters. Visit to the rural farm which breeds chicken, turkey, sheep, goats, cows and rabbits, and feeding animals. Visit to the ’’Ćumurana’’ char-coal facility and presentation of the traditional way of making charcoal used for grilling and metal processing.
- Outdoor – picnic lunch near the waterfall, with active participation of students in food preparation, making fire without matches, grilling meat, corn and potato, preparation of mixed salad from vegetables and spices.
- Return hike to the Mirocka voda campsite. Division into groups and afternoon team activities, making tents, fishing course, rowing and kayaking course (under supervision of experienced instructors), making bows and arrows and shooting targets and various other activities and competitions.
- Culinary course – preparation of fish soup, with fish cleaning and cooking the fish soup, preparation of noodles and traditional dishes, such as hominy, cheese rolls and pancakes, preparation of young cheese and natural vegetable and fruit juices.
- Dinner at the campsite of Mirocka voda, next to the campfire.
- Transfer to Donji Milanovac accommodation overnight.
- Transfer along the Danube River course to the Varnica point and embarkation on the boat. Cruising along the Danube Gorge to the Tabula Traiana plaque, which marked the construction of the Roman road by the Emperor Traian, and today only can be observed from the water. Return cruise to the Varnica point and transfer to the starting point of the hike up to the observation point of Ploce, which provides the memorable panorama of the Danube River basin (4 km of hike through the forest).
- Homemade lunch.
- Return hike back to the bus and transfer to Belgrade.
- Afternoon arrival and end of expedition.