Criteria for Selection
Currently completing Grade 8 and entering Grade 9
A citizen of the Republic of Serbia
Proof of successful previous academic performance
Proof of extracurricular involvement
Living with parents/ legal guardians
Successful personal interview
Scholarship Application Process
Step 1: Online submission of the Scholarship Program Application Package.
Step 2: Candidates are shortlisted based on their academic abilities, financial need, community involvement, extracurricular activities, gender balance and ethical behavior.
Step 3: Shortlisted candidates are interviewed.
Step 4: Final Selection: The successful students will be notified via phone or email.
Scholarship Program Application Package
Part 1: Student & Parent Info
General information about the applicant and their family contact details.
Part 2: Academic Profile
1. A personal statement about yourself (in English). Your personal statement should be no more than 500 words and should outline yourself and your future ambitions and why you want to apply for the scholarship. It should also include what involvement you currently have in arts, music, sport or community service and what you think you can bring to the school.
2. Assessment task (in English). The International School of Belgrade is committed to being a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive school community and will actively seek to embody these values in all aspects of school life. We strive to inspire, equip and empower all of our students to succeed and contribute positively to society. Please comment on how you would contribute to our school. You might consider responding to our following values statements:
Our community is our village and diversity is our strength.
We share and celebrate our diversity, and believe we are stronger because of it.
We are proudly an anti-discrimination community committed to building a more equitable society through our learning and our actions.
We affirm all identities in our community.
Our school is stronger because of the involvement of our community.
Please feel free to present your response in a way that shows us your personality and your creativity. You can interpret our mission statement in any way you see fit.
3. School reports from the last 3 years (grades 6, 7 and first semester of grade 8), scanned originals and translated into English (Sample format here). Any additional diplomas, certificates, awards etc.
4. Proof of extracurricular involvement. (In English, or translated into English)
5. A letter of recommendation from your current school. (In English, or translated into English)
Part 3: Financial Review
1. Scholarship Financial Application Form - to be filled in in English.
The following documents may be submitted in Serbian or in English:
2. A letter from your employer(s) confirming that your benefit package does not include support of any kind for your child(ren)’s education.
3. A letter from your employer(s) stating your three-month average gross income, your position, and years of services.
4. Last three months’ salary statements including commissions and other income not projected in net salary.
5. Most recent annual income statement.
6. Two most recent bank statements for all accounts.
7. Two most recent credit card statements for all credit cards.
8. Documents supporting amount and term of liabilities (mortgages, loans, rental contracts, etc.)
9. Copy of the latest registration for each car owned by either one of the parents or children.
10. Bank certification of average monthly balance dated no more than 60 days prior to date of application.
The ISB Scholarship Program for the 2021/2022 school year is closed.