COVID-19 Action Plan
Submit Your Online Inquiry
COVID-19: School Closure Response Plan
Updated March 15, 2020
Following the announcement by the President of Serbia on Sunday March 15:
- ISB will switch to using its Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) from Monday March 16.
- Our campus will be closed to all students, staff and parents from Monday March 16, 2020, until further notice.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, here is the latest update on the measures in place at school. We constantly refer to the latest updates from the WHO, CDC and the Serbian Ministry of Health. We are also in regular contact with the US Department of State and all other CEESA schools to ensure our actions are the most appropriate at this time.
- The Serbian Government has declared that all schools must close from March 16.
- ISB will switch to using its Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) from Monday, March 16.
- All CEESA schools have now switched to a Virtual Learning Environment.
Following the announcement, these are the latest actions in place at ISB:
- ISB will use its Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) from Monday, March 16.
- Our campus will be closed to all students, staff and parents from Monday, March 16, 2020, until further notice.
- Students will continue to learn from home, under the guidance of their teacher.
- Teachers will be running their VLEs from their home in Belgrade.
- Teachers will set assignments daily and check in with each student/family daily. Assignments will be assessed where appropriate. This will be age-dependent.
- This situation will continue until further notice
- The Board will meet virtually on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we will send you an update on those days.
For Your Information:
You can refer to the current list of affected countries here: CDC COVID-19 Areas
You can find a list of valuable COVID-19 resources for parents and students here: ISB COVID-19 Resources
You can see our detailed Risk Matrix here: ISB Risk Matrix
You can find details of our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) at ISB VLE and useful resources at VLE Resources
Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything.
With kind regards,